Classes begin quarterly
Learn to Code Online in 24 Weeks
Web development is a fast-growing career track, and The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill teaches you the specialized skills you need to tap into this rewarding industry. Through a fast-paced, immersive curriculum, you’ll learn the skills needed to become proficient in front-end and back-end technologies.
- Study part-time while maintaining your work schedule.
- Simulate a professional work environment by teaming up with your peers on real-world projects and build complex applications that will bolster your professional portfolio.
- Gain access to continuation courses that cover additional in-demand technologies, including Python, Java, C#, and Amazon Web Services.
- Receive a Professional Certificate from UNC-Chapel Hill, demonstrating your achievements.
- Benefit from a wide set of career services: resume and social media profile support, technical interview preparation, portfolio reviews, soft skills training, coaching, job matching, and more to help you launch or advance your career.
As you embark on this 24-week journey, you’ll dive into a challenging curriculum and learn more than you thought was possible. With an interactive online classroom environment and collaboration with your classmates, you will get hands on experience in full-stack web development.
Why apply to The Coding Boot Camp?
Learning to code is an intensive undertaking. If you are craving to expand your knowledge and join the tech world, seeking to advance or change careers, and most importantly: ready to roll up your sleeves and work HARD…then The Coding Boot Camp at UNC-Chapel Hill could be right for you.
- Those looking to find a new career or company—or make the move from a non-technical position to a technical one
- Those who are interested in freelancing to supplement their current income—or contribute in a bigger way in their current job
- Those seeking to learn the skills to execute on an entrepreneurial idea and build their own product
- Those with the ambition to grow in their knowledge or add to their skill set while in college.
Learn In-Demand Skills:
Our curriculum covers front-end and back-end technologies*, and you will graduate with the skills needed to become a full-stack web developer:
- Databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Server Side Development (MERN Stack, Progressive Web Applications)
- Deployment/Command-Line Fundamentals (Heroku, Git)
- API Interaction (API, JSON, AJAX)
- Quality Assurance (Unit Testing, Linting, Continuous Integration)
- Supplemental Self-Study Topics (Python, Java, C#, Amazon Web Services)
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Frequently Asked Questions
No experience is needed as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn. The pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for the Coding Boot Camp.
The part-time coding program is six months (24 weeks) long.
No, applicants do not need to be UNC-Chapel Hill students. This program is offered through the William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education.
- 24-week program
- Classes held two weekdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Currently Enrolling » Coding Part-Time 7/27/21 » Data Analytics Part-Time 8/25/21 » Digital Marketing Part-Time 9/7/21 » Tech Project Mgmt Part-Time 7/20/21
» Coding Part-Time 7/27/21
» Data Analytics Part-Time 8/25/21
» Digital Marketing Part-Time 9/7/21
» Tech Project Mgmt Part-Time 7/20/21